Apply for this vacancy
An inspiring Executive member with experience driving a strong company focus as well as future growth.
- You are the visionary for all things operations.
- Develops strategic and tactical planning for restaurant operations, including financial revenue and cost planning, management staffing, guest count, menu planning, etc.
- Responsible for developing budgets, forecasting, and implementing management, administrative, and operational changes to positively impact the actual financial performance compared to budget.
- Monitor reporting for all restaurants.
- Provides a positive leadership example for all management employees in the concept.
- Responsible for inspecting expectations on training, development, empowerment, positive management practices, employee relations, preventive labor practices, and adherence to all company policies and practices.
- Complete individual performance evaluations on an annual basis, supported by ongoing feedback, objective setting, motivation and skills development.
- Oversees the development of appropriate motivational/incentive programs for the Leadership teams/Staff Members/Team members in the Concept.
- Over sees menu development and design, role outs and new product development.
- Maintains continuous communication with management and Human Resources to assist and oversee the development of written goals and objectives, training, performance management and career development plans.
- Conducts regular meetings, as needed with senior management staff to review critical hot buttons, obtain feedback and determine the appropriate level of assistance to ensure improved results.
- Interfaces and builds strong internal relationships with all internal Support Centre departments
- Maintains a visual presence within the restaurants and models our Values and Promises and ensures their presence and integration with all restaurant systems.
- To ensure that concept goals and expectations are being met by tracking of all key metrics of each location/region
- Holds the management team accountable for their performance (based on key metrics).
- Conduct regular senior management one on ones and assist in the creation of personal development plans
- Conducts senior management meetings in order to calibrate the operation and ensure the infusion of leading practices
Team Member Retention:
- To ensure that our management team is addressing employee concerns, that the workplace environment is maintained and that every employee receives the appropriate communication pieces in regards to the operation of the restaurant and changes to the business.
- Responsible for ensuring that through policy adherence and incentive implementation that employees in the concept are positive, motivated and enthusiastic. This also means ensuring that employees at all levels are dealt with in a professional and timely manner as well as ensuring that we are striving to achieve a high level of two-way communication.
- Monitoring attrition, employee concerns and disciplinary issues and other key indicators employee satisfaction.
- Promote the development of entry level managers to enhance our rate of internal promotions. Developing leadership grids with the Directors, Regional Managers and General Managers is key to growth.
Guest Satisfaction/Restaurant Performance:
- Provides regular feedback to Purchasing, Marketing, Culinary and other Support Centre departments on specific menu changes, promotions, HR programs and policies to improve guest satisfaction levels.
- Monitors the readiness of new Managers and provides feedback to the HR department for process improvements to the recruitment process.
- Monitor daily performance vs goals for each location within the concept and follow up to ensure revenue, guest loyalty and other critical points are met or exceeded.
- Community Links – involved with the business community of the restaurant location to ensure that our organization is being represented in the city. This would include focus groups, Chamber of Commerce involvement, charity organizations etc.
- Support the executive team in the creation of proactive action plans to be executed in order to bridge any gaps and in turn meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Works closely with IT, HR and Finance to develop sound cost effective tracking systems.
- Oversee the development of leadership and guest service skills training to exceed all guest expectations.
Efficiency Measures/Financial Management
- Accountable for all financial and efficiency measures for the concept.
- Develops annual budgets for the concept.
- Monitors and reviews the financials and efficiency measures regularly to ensure targets are met and exceeded and oversees the creation of proactive plans, polices, efficiencies and tools to ensure same