Apply for this vacancy
A strong General Manager in premium casual dining Restaurants or a top shelf F & B Manager from hotels is the perfect candidate!
Build a productive, results oriented partnership with the most senior Chef/Cook and members of the management team. Create and promote a team spirit ensuring that all employees do the same. Be proactive in determining operational needs; recognize, recommend and implement new initiatives that meet the fiscal and organizational objectives. Prepare an annual budget and be accountable for meeting the business goals as set out by the Company.
- Substantially grow revenues
- Deliver a premium experience to restaurant customers
- Raise the profile of the restaurant in the Toronto market
- Enforce strict cost controls
- Develop and train staff
- Responsible for developing, recommending, implementing and maintaining an efficient and effective organizational structure that is consistent with the Company’s Statement of Vision and Values and is conducive to the attainment of the Company’s Mission Statement.
- Lead by example by imbuing all key elements of the Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Prepare a one through 5 year annual budget in consultation with direct reports and all relevant departments.
- Review fiscal performance with employees as appropriate on a monthly basis.
- Work in a cooperative effort with the Executive Manager and senior Chef/Cook to set and achieve corporate goals and to play a role in strategic planning as appropriate.
- Empower employees to realize the importance of achieving all financial and operational goals.
- Establish and implement operating procedures and ensure the Department Manual is maintained and current.
- Provide assistance to employees in identifying challenges and working to a resolution.
- Ensure that proper support and organizational structure is in place to facilitate the effective achievement of mandates of all direct and indirect reports.
- Ensure that all training programs are not only task oriented but incorporate our philosophy and commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction with an understanding in achieving growth in the top and bottom line.
- Maintain a highly visible management approach ensuring both employee and customer complaints, suggestions, comments and compliments are properly addressed.
- Promote a work environment that encourages employees to contribute comments, ideas and suggestions.
- Motivate and support all employees of all businesses and at all levels whenever the opportunity presents itself and is appropriate.
- Ensure that that the appearance of the restaurant is always at its best.
- Review any equipment or repair concerns with direct reports and ensure that the problems are reported immediately to the Property Manager and supported by the appropriate maintenance request form.
- Establish and maintain industry, community and cultural related contacts.
- Keep current to Health and Safety, Public Health and other industry related matters to ensure legislative compliance.
- Conduct & support other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time.