Apply for this vacancy
A uber talented pastry, breads and cakes baker at the Director level of running a company.
The Head Baker leads a team of 15 bakers and is responsible for overseeing the kitchen production of fresh and frozen breads, pastries, and desserts, and is responsible for establishing and maintaining a professional working environment that is committed to innovation, teamwork, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the production team and production facility that produces fresh and frozen products which are distributed to the company stores across Ontario
- Supports on-site staff and bakers at retail locations to ensure quality of products delivered to our end customers
- Continually works to maximize the profitability of the company bakery production operation through production efficiency, product innovation, quality improvement, team management, equipment investment, etc.
- Works with wholesale customers (i.e., store owners and managers) to improve the company sales and troubleshoot any quality issues
- Provides leadership, coaching, training, and supervision to all production staff to ensure excellent job performance, team culture, and continual development of future leaders
- Responsible for all production processes such as inventory, ordering, scheduling, cleaning, safety and equipment maintenance
- Builds and matures our production systems and processes to support the company's continued growth, including continual testing and improvement of production processes, training systems, equipment to support fresh and frozen delivery channels
- Develops new permanent and seasonal products aligned with the company portfolio of high quality, Euro-Asian fusion products
- Ensures daily retail and wholesale production schedules are met within quality standards
- Works collaboratively with head office staff and wholesale clients to improve offerings and troubleshoot issues. Manage talent within production team including recruiting, career development, promotion, and termination of employees