Apply for this vacancy
New Concept Opening - GM required to get this business full service restaurant open.
- 2 years minimum of full service restaurant experience
- Previous restaurant opening would be an asset
- Strong organization and team builder
The Restaurant General Manager is responsible for the successful operation of all aspects of the restaurant according to the policies, procedures, and goals of the company.
The success of this role relies on sustaining long-term profitability through team morale, employment standards, guest satisfaction, the development in the skills of all crew and managers within the restaurant and achieving financial targets and performance goals.
- Manage and analyze financial parameters and controls for all areas of the restaurant and determine business priorities.
- Ensuring complete guest satisfaction at all times, at an excellent level.
- Ensuring positive morale and upstanding ethics of your managers and crew.
- Provide ongoing motivation, coaching, and effective leadership development of team members and managers.
- Oversee and ensure general maintenance and cleanliness of the property is maintained at all times.
- Expert scheduling.
- Achieving financial targets and performance goals.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous Management Experience required within a large volume, full-service restaurant or bar.
- Impeccable English communication skills, written and spoken. (Bilingual French is an asset)
- Ability to delegate and follow up.
- Ability to train and lead other managers.
- Ability to train others to: master technical skills, serve guests with enthusiasm, sell as part of the dining experience, assert authority and make judgments.
- Complete knowledge of all positions and functional areas within the restaurant.
- High level of organizational and communication ability.
- Complete understanding and belief in the company philosophy and goals of quality and improvement.
- Understanding of what it means to be a company, Ambassador.
- Strong local store marketing skills and event management.
OTHER KEY ATTRIBUTES
- High energy, positive personality.
- Strong work ethic, exceeds in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Ability to self-motivate, maintain a sense of urgency, and keep momentum.
- Ability to set and achieve short and long-term business goals.
- Understanding of issues beyond one's control while continuing to impact areas within one's authority.
- Ability to ask for help when required.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and ability to learn.