Apply for this vacancy
Our Client in Edmonton is looking for a strong Restaurant General Manager to over see the day to day operations of the Restaurant and Bar.
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a General Manager is needed
- Passion for exceeding the customer experience
- Strong financial awareness and management
The General Manager is responsible for the sustained success, growth, and overall asset management of the restaurant as measured by total revenue and net income in relation to budgeted goals and objectives.
The General Manager is accountable for all day to day operations aspects of front-of-house activities and working with the Chef and back-of-house. It is their responsibility to meet or exceed each guest's expectations by maintaining the highest standards of food and beverage quality, exceptional value and superior service. The General Manager adheres to company standards while exercising a proprietary style of management that conveys a strong sense of ownership.
- Prepare period and annual projections for store.
- Achieve maximum sales and profits while maintaining good operations, standards, and procedures.
- Increase sales and maximize profit by ensuring all P&L items are controlled and company objectives are achieved
- Recruit and maintain an hourly staff to ensure efficient operations of the restaurant.
- Recruit and train new Managers
- Strive to become an effective interviewer and train management team in proper interviewing procedures.
- Manage team member performance with clear feedback, recognition, reviews, coaching/teaching, and discipline
- Ensure proper training of new associates, formulate work schedules, and maintain good customer and public relations within the community.
- Supervise and direct associates in daily work activities.
- Maintain strict safety and sanitation standards
- Maintain proper inventories, ensure compliance with proper cash control procedures, and complete related accounting and administrative reports as required.
- May serve in any capacity within the restaurant as necessary due to associate absence, and perform related duties and assignments as required.
- Maintain constant communication with the kitchen/chef to ensure proper service times.
- Ensure exceptional customer service
- Ensure that daily and weekly cleaning schedules are posted and in effect
- Cleaning schedules must be reviewed and updated as needed
- Ensure that a preventive maintenance program is in effect.
- Ensure that all associates have been trained in proper sanitation procedures.