Apply for this vacancy
Drayton Valley is looking to an outstanding restaurant operator who can oversee all day to day operations of a very busy restaurant and bar.
- Hands on, team player and leader
- Must understand all financials
- Team builder who is creative and customer focused
The General Manager is responsible for the sustained success, growth, and overall asset management of the restaurant as measured by total revenue and net income in relation to budgeted goals and objectives.
The General Manager is accountable for all day to day operations aspects of front-of-house activities and working with the Executive Chef and back-of-house.
- Prepare period and annual projections for restaurant
- Achieve maximum sales and profits while maintaining good operations, standards, and procedures.
- Increase sales and maximize profit by ensuring all P&L items are controlled and company objectives are achieved
- Recruit and maintain an hourly staff to ensure efficient operations of the restaurant.
- Recruit and train new Managers – a must for development of The restaurant and themselves
- Strive to become an effective interviewer and train the management team in proper interviewing procedures.
- Manage team member performance with clear feedback, recognition, reviews, coaching/teaching, and discipline
- Ensure proper training of new associates, formulate work schedules, and maintain good customer and public relations within the community.
- Supervise and direct associates in daily work activities.
- Maintain strict safety and sanitation standards
- Maintain proper inventories, ensure compliance with proper cash control procedures, and complete related accounting and administrative reports as required.
- May serve in any capacity within the restaurant as necessary due to associate absence, and perform related duties and assignments as required.
- Work with Chef to assure that every menu item is handled according to health standards (receiving, storing, food handling, preparation, and portions).
- Maintain constant communication with kitchen/chef to ensure proper service times.
- Ensure exceptional customer service
- Ensure that daily and weekly cleaning schedules are posted and in effect.
- Cleaning schedules must be reviewed and updated as needed.
- Ensure that a preventive maintenance program is in effect.
- Ensure that all associates have been trained in proper sanitation procedures.
- Ensure fair treatment of all personnel.
- See that each new associate receives a complete orientation to The restaurant and the restaurant and that proper training procedure are followed