Apply for this vacancy
Our national restaurant client requires a top level HR Director to lead the Canadian Market.
- Must have restaurant or hospitality experience in an HR capacity
- Passion for engagement and collaboration
- National experience and familiar with labour laws in all provinces
The purpose of the job is to serve as the strategic business partner and HR Consultant to the Canadian Division. As the Human Resources Director, you will develop strong relationships with managers in the restaurants and at all levels of the organization you support, as well as with business partners on the Human Resources team to meet the evolving talent needs of the business. As an experienced, hands-on, proactive leader, you will be responsible for leading a team of HR professionals in executing effective and efficient HR services that drive employee engagement and value and live the company core value of hospitality.
- Provide leadership and direction to the HR team, ensuring a strong level of customer driven professional HR service to the restaurants
- Providing advice to senior leaders and provide coaching and mentoring to directors/managers on all human resource issues; interpretation of collective agreements, HR policies and procedures, performance and attendance management, progressive discipline, employee development and recognition, terminations and other issues related to policy and employment law across Canada
- Manage Health and Safety initiatives and policies in keeping with provincial legislative requirements including Workers Compensation claims management and accommodations
- Developing strategies for the efficient and effective recruitment, selection, and retention of hourly and management staff
- Partner with VP and Directors to develop succession plans and determine staffing levels
- Partner with corporate Compensation and Benefits teams to ensure market competitiveness and alignment on all initiatives
- In partnership with Talent Development team align strategies to continuously grow talent from within
- Monitor and oversee all Leaves of Absence for managers and hourly, coordinate with outside STD/LTD company on medical documentation, provide guidance and coordinates return to work and accommodations required
- Provide guidance and recommendations to Executive and management on human resource policies, practices and programs specific to Canada.
- Partner with corporate departments on various initiatives to ensure relevance and adherence to Canadian laws.
Advanced knowledge of employment law and general human resources strategies; maintains knowledge of compliance, current trends, developments, legal changes and laws.
- Ability to be responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization