Apply for this vacancy
A talented resort style Executive Chef in New York.
We are seeking an Executive Chef with strong resorts Culinary background and Dining Experience. Must be ready to effectively lead a large food program including restaurants, banquets, catering and offsite programs on a year-round basis with annual F&B revenues exceeding $5 Million.
Must be creative, with a strong knowledge of current dining trends and have strong technical and organizational skills. Must show proven leadership skills in leading and motivating a large Culinary Brigade. Must be comfortable and proficient with all forms of media interviews and presentations as well as being comfortable interacting with a sophisticated clientele in the club. Needs to be goal oriented, with an ability to implement comprehensive plans to accomplish those goals in a challenging, competitive environment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Clubhouse Manager to drive guest experiences, coordinate effective marketing plans, increase revenues and elevate the position of the venues in the New York market.
- Actively participates in the training of culinary skills to junior staff and apprentices.
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense.
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the restaurant kitchens and ensures a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Ensuring that the kitchen work area is clean, organized and that the equipment is functional.
- Departmental payroll and administration including scheduling.
- The daily ordering of all food requirements for the department.
- Promoting teamwork between the restaurant kitchen and all other departments.