Apply for this vacancy
A stellar well known Chef who wants to make a name in NY!
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Chef de Cuisine manages the culinary operations in New York. They will ensures the profit, growth, compliance and development of our staff is aligned with our company standards. They
must understand and support each concepts food philosophy, style and approach. With a strong operational mind, the CDC will develop and implement innovative culinary solutions that drive menu efficiency, consistency, cost reduction, improved quality, staff development and retention. They will support each culinary team with menu development and changes, ensure locations are running smoothly and measure the performance and compliance.
Whats on your plate?
● With the Culinary team, create an environment that is genuine, humble, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
● Through continuous training, share positive and constructive performance feedback with Culinary Leaders to support the development of curiosity and courage leaders
● Lead by example, with the utmost integrity and do what is right for our company, guest, people and environment
● Executing the vision for the culinary programs, including the costing, structured integration and standardization for each concept
● Providing leadership mentor-ship to all culinary management at the restaurant level, holding all leadership team members accountable to established company and statutory standards
● Protecting the integrity of all current and future recipes and procedures
● Ensuring all new menus are rolled out to established costing standards and remain within budget, inclusive of recipe completion, all sub recipes and plated recipes, and running a PMIX to ensure the theoretical food cost is lower than budget.
● Supporting each restaurant across all aspects of the kitchen
● Holding the Executive Chefs accountable to daily reporting, costing schedules. Being aware of all reports on Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), labour and other kitchen relevant information on a daily basis.
● Provide weekly reports on Cost of Good Sold (COGS) and labour as well as other pertinent information pertaining to kitchen operations, to the Culinary Director.
● Work towards uniform purchasing, and consolidating suppliers to leverage pricing purchasing power to gain best pricing.
● Partner with Chief Culinary Officer to successfully execute new restaurant openings across North America
● Understand and interpret all relevant financial statements including Profit & Loss Statements