Apply for this vacancy
We are seeking a Chef with strong Culinary - for a casual dining experience. Must be ready to effectively run a large Restaurant and Lounge.
Reporting to the Regional Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with Restaurant General Manager to drive guest experiences, coordinate effective marketing plans, increase revenues and elevate the position of the venues in the Toronto downtown market.
- Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff and apprentices
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense to be a profit champion.
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the restaurant kitchens and ensures a high level of guest satisfaction
- Ensuring that the kitchen work area is clean, organized and that the equipment is functional
- Departmental payroll and administration including scheduling
- Daily ordering of all food requirements for the department
- Promoting teamwork between the restaurant kitchen and all other departments
- Responsible for ensuring every employee is working effectively and efficiently as well as improving employee morale and employee relations.
- Responsible for all of the training and development of his/her team.
- Responsible for all of the weekly financial routines.
- To effectively communicate with strong business acumen.