Apply for this vacancy
The Chef will lead a team of management and staff to ensure all standards are followed and executed.
- 3 plus years as a Chef in restaurants
- Strong menu development skills
- Team builder and strong financial acumen
As the face of the business, you will oversee and coordinate the day-to-day management including the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, product quality, cleanliness, and sanitation. Develop relationships to ensure our community-focused culture is followed, by participating in events that position the business as a community stalwart.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Cultivate and promote a culture of FUN amongst the staff.
- Understand and implement completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs, and act as a voice to help constantly improve in all of these areas.
- Ensure that all guests and partners feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service always.
- Develop new menu items with proper costing to advance the culinary program along with achieving budgetary requirements.
- Utilize our current inventory control system weekly and address all variances.
- Utilize our sales mix to make decisions regarding menu ideation.
- Assist in the weekly manager meetings with concise direction and objective setting.
- Works towards a cohesive and collaborative relationship with the General Manager, as each will learn from one another.
- Analyzes repair & maintenance costs and makes timely and business-minded CAP-EX recommendations.
- Acutely aware of the environment and overall cleanliness with a propensity to take action on any problems.
- Achieve company objectives (and budgetary forecasts) in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, and sanitation & cleanliness, through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Directly or indirectly responsible for the termination, hiring and training schedule of all positions in the BOH department.
- Ability to coach and train management to standards set out within their respective job descriptions, and willing to voice new ideas to help company systems improve or evolve.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations are met.
- Continually strive to develop your leadership team in all areas, by assisting with goal setting and follow through.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and that deliveries are performed in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that brewpub policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labour as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed, and labour cost objectives are met.
- Invest in a focused work week of 50 hours. Business situations may occasionally call for additional hours, but ultimately the business should operate more efficiently if its management team members enjoy a positive work-life balance.
- Possession of Food Safe Certificate or equivalent.
- Have at least three years of kitchen operations and/or management experience in a similar environment.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and can operate an inventory system.
- Have proficient skills with Microsoft Office.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.