Apply for this vacancy
Do you like the intensity of growing a new brand in a new city?
A District Manager provides management and leadership support to a team of QSR franchised units and corporate units within an assigned region primarily within St Johns, NFLD. This position will also be responsible for coordination of business development efforts and initiatives within the region. Furthermore, a DM will provide leadership support/ advice to our corporate store locations and will be accountable for driving corporate/ franchisee sales and profit, coaching for operational excellence, and enforcing brand standards by providing high level business consulting expertise and advice to a defined group of franchisees.
Training and Operations
- Facilitates learning and sharing of best practices in a wide variety of formats, including group presentations and face-to-face training.
- Ensures all corporate and franchise units are fully in compliance with brand standards for all products, equipment, tools, operating systems, processes, and initiatives to promote operational excellence and superior customer experiences
- Provides action plans with timing to resolve any system non-compliance and performs field audits for quality assurance.
- Manage and provide coaching and guidance for Corporate Store Managers in assigned area, as well as providing support for escalated issues.
- Provide training and advises franchisees on evaluating and reacting to financial analysis tools, such as profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow reviews, financial key performance indicators, etc.
- Drives revenue growth by developing annual sales, marketing, and financial plans for each franchisee and corporate store in assigned area.
- Conducts business evaluations, tracks and facilitates progress by gathering and analyzing data, and makes recommendations, building commitment, and overcoming objections.
- Monitor the construction of new restaurants and liaison with the construction team to ensure opening schedules and timelines are met.
- Act as lead for conventions and other events, to include representing the brand, owning content, programming, and scheduling, and other logistics.
- Partner with Franchising team to identify open markets, interview and approve prospective buyers, and review business plans for current owners wishing to expand their business.
- Partner with People & Culture team for recruitment of corporate restaurant team members.
- Support culture engagement and people initiatives and staff engagement
- Create and maintain succession plans with managers and plan succession development.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in restaurant operations management, preferably in a franchise business model.
- A valid permanent provincial drivers’ license.
- Ability to speak publicly, i.e., facilitation of workshops/ training sessions in large groups.
- Ability to work in a team and able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to think strategically in the midst of conflict; problem solve and adapt to challenging situations/ projects.
- Mature professional judgment and professionalism in handling all matters.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Outlook, Word.
- Experience in accounting principles to monitor costs, prepare budgets and analyze financial statements.
- Analytical ability to recognize business trends and opportunities for growth.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Must be positive, pro-active and a self-starter.
- Possesses an overwhelming sense for “Exceptional Customer Service”.
- Completion of a university degree or completion of a college degree in a related field, preferably business operations management, hospitality management or equivalent