Apply for this vacancy
Looking for a unique opportunity? We are in the need of a District Manager for a well known QSR brand
- Must be from the area!
Job Title: District Manager
Reports to: Vice President, Operations- Eastern Canada
Location: Western Region, Newfoundland and Labrador
A District Manager provides management and leadership support to a team of QSR franchised units within an assigned region. This position will also coordinate business development efforts and initiatives within the region. Furthermore, a District Manager will be accountable for driving corporate/ franchisee sales and profit, coaching for operational excellence, and enforcing brand standards by providing high-level business consulting expertise and advice to a defined group of franchisees.
- Facilitates learning and sharing of best practices in various formats, including group presentations and face-to-face training.
- Ensures all corporate and franchise units are entirely in compliance with brand standards for all products, equipment, tools, operating systems, processes, and initiatives to promote operational excellence and superior customer experiences. Follow up as required.
- Provides action plans with timing to resolve system non-compliance and performs field audits for quality assurance.
- Provides training and advises franchisees on evaluating and reacting to financial analysis tools, such as profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow reviews, financial key performance indicators, etc.
- Drives revenue growth by developing annual sales, marketing, and financial plans for each franchisee and corporate store in the assigned area.
- Conducts business evaluations, tracks and facilitates progress by gathering and analyzing data, and makes recommendations, building commitment and overcoming objections.
- Monitor the construction of new restaurants and liaison with the construction team to ensure opening schedules and timelines are met.
- Act as lead for conventions and other events, including representing the brand, owning content, programming, scheduling, and other logistics.
- Partner with Franchising Team to identify open markets, interview and approve prospective buyers, and review business plans for current owners wishing to expand their business.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in restaurant operations management, preferably in a franchise business model.
- Previous experience managing multi-unit corporate stores is an asset.
- A valid permanent provincial driver’s licence.
- Ability to speak publicly, i.e., facilitate workshops/ training sessions in large groups.
- Ability to work in a team and able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to think strategically amid conflict; problem solve and adapt to challenging situations/ projects.
- Mature professional judgment and professionalism in handling all matters.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Experience in accounting principles to monitor costs, prepare budgets and analyze financial statements.
- Analytical ability to recognize business trends and opportunities for growth.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Must be positive, proactive and a self-starter.
- Possesses an overwhelming sense for “Exceptional Customer Service”.
- Completion of a university degree or completion of a college degree in a related field, preferably business operations management, hospitality management or equivalent