Apply for this vacancy
The AGM will lead the operations, focus on the development of the front line team and support the strategic operations of the restaurant with the GM.
- 4 years of leadership exprience is required
- Fine Dining Experience is required
- Some level of wine knowledge or professional training would be an asset
- Create an Operating Excellence culture by implementing and executing against the priorities and primary business fundamentals, as established by the GM, to Become a world-class operation.
- Provide World-class service
- Create a business environment that fosters quality, integrity, and results
- Leverage team and corporate support (e.g., finance, human resources, training, standards, merchandise, marketing, distribution, non-management associates and other operations management) to share information on a continuous basis, stay current in the industry, and learn about best practices.
- Ensure all internal controls are in place and that operations are compliant with policies and procedures in order to manage business risks.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to streamline operational processes, procedures and resources to maximize profitability and keep store management in their respective stores serving the customer, as much as possible.
- Drive a strong customer service/sales growth mentality with a focus on maximizing the growth of the existing business and using capital on a prudent, value-enhancing basis.
- Act as a role model to all managers and associates to instill company values through management style and actions
- Work with the GM and Senior Management to provide an open environment to promote professional growth in our managers and associates.
- Work with the GM and Senior Management team to develop high-performing management to prepare them for additional responsibility and to grow the business.
- Drive the business by analyzing and managing Operational results to the business needs and then prioritizing and marshaling resources to maximize value.
- Make critical business decisions by accessing data, analyzing information, soliciting input, and using available information systems technology.
- Understand fully the site-specific demographics of a given market and then develop and execute effective recruiting, hiring, and retention programs in recognition of these dynamics in building a strong management and hourly associate team.
Education and Experience
- 3 –5 years of managing high volume fine dining restaurants
- A strong, broad-based businessperson with experience in the Food & Beverage industry.
- Proven track record of successful results (e.g., customer, associate, economics and quality) or equivalent measurement and P/L accountability.
- Degree in business or hospitality management or related discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated decision-making style and innovation; understanding and interpreting business results of multiple concepts.
- Experience in recruiting, developing, and retaining high-quality, diverse management talent.
- Experience as a change agent to recognize opportunities to maximize overall business performance and growth.
- Proven, mature leadership skills, with experience in creating and communicating a vision for the business based on the operating initiatives and values, and then mobilizing a team to deliver concrete and measurable results against the Company’s strategy and goals.
- Demonstrated effective two-way communication skills including active listening, interpersonal savvy, and team leadership.
- Ability to be proactive, self-directed, and take risks.